Cornerstone Christian Academy (CCA) offers a program that integrates faith, life and learning. At its foundation is the Christian Bible, the belief that God is central to our humanity, that Jesus Christ is our personal Saviour and Lord, and God’s Holy Spirit is present and at work in the world today. The program is interdenominational and embraces students and staff from a variety of backgrounds and heritages. It is our goal to fulfil the greatest commandments:
Matthew 22:37-39: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind. Love your neighbour as yourself. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbour as yourself.” (New International Version)
As an funded accredited private school within the province of Alberta CCA offers educational programming that utilizes the Alberta Education Curriculum, taught from a Christian perspective.
CCA seeks to:
- Challenge students through Christ-centred education to know Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord in order to pursue a life of godly character and service to others
- Integrate knowledge of God, the Bible and its relevance into the approved Alberta curriculum. In the classroom purposeful discussion of Christian morals, beliefs and world views are incorporated into each subject
- Have staff focus on God’s abundance and the task of Christian Education through regular staff Bible study and prayer
- Focus the student’s attention on God by starting each day with brief Bible study and prayer
- Provide opportunities for students to grow in their relationship to God and to one another through involvement in regularly scheduled Bible classes, chapel times, spiritual emphasis retreats and field trips.